[MERGE][bug #175524] Make http test servers 1.1 compliant

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Thu Jan 3 08:16:55 GMT 2008

Andrew Bennetts пишет:
> Alexander Belchenko wrote:
>> Andrew Bennetts пишет:
> [...]
>>> bzr.dev.  It might be good to get Alexander or another Windows user to
>>> check it
>>> doesn't cause trouble for them first, but I don't expect any serious
>>> problems
>>> there.
>> It's a test server in the end. And I'm as *user* still think that test
>> suite is not needed for me. It's my *user* point of view. So if this patch
>> could break one or two hundreds tests -- it's not important right now, when
>> we already have more than 300 failed tests on Windows. So, I'm don't care
>> much as user. And I still think, that bzr should be shipped without test
>> suite (in linux distros, in installers, not as sources of course). I even
>> saw bug report confirmed by Robert Collins about decoupling tests and core
>> lib.
>
> Well, we are trying to make sure tests work on Windows.  (I agree that there's
> not much value in installing the tests, but the tests should still pass when
> they are there.)
>
> Obviously we're not doing as well as we should, but even so I wouldn't want to
> merge anything that makes the situation worse rather than better.

Yes, of course, you're right. But before NY I ran test suite and saw
more than 300 failed tests. Recently Aaron did some work in this area,
so may be count is much smaller right now. I just want to say that when
you have sooo many failed tests it's very hard to say is new patch makes
situation better or worse, because you need compare these failed tests
with and without patch and analyze where is difference. It's not funny.
Really.