BzrVsGit typo & possible edit

Mark Fitzgerald mark.fitzgerald2 at sympatico.ca
Thu Dec 20 15:42:14 GMT 2007

Hi all - this is the least disruptive and lowest barrier-to-entry way I
could find to contribute notification of a few potential typos in your
BzrVsGit page [http://bazaar-vcs.org/BzrVsGit].

Under 'Plugin architecture', the sentence "It needs to be integrated
with a heaps of other tools and the overall solution needs to be
manageable over time" seems ungrammatical to me.  Specifically, 'with a
heaps'... perhaps the 'a' can be struck from the sentence?  :)

Under 'Cryptographic content validation', I suspect that the sentence
"Bazaar explicitly choose to make its revision identifiers UUIDs instead
of SHAs" would be more grammatical with 'chose' or 'chooses' rather than
'choose' (which is the first/second-person form of the verb, while
'Bazaar' is a third-person noun).

The sentence immediately following, "This doesn't mean that Bazaar is
less secure - the integrity of revisions is still validated using SHAs
in Bazaar", seems either slightly ungrammatical or somewhat ambiguous to
me.  Does this sentence mean that each revision is validated using a
SHA?  Or does the sentence mean that one SHA is used to confirm the
integrity of all revisions?  I suspect the former is the author's
intent, and based on that assumption, suggest that "the integrity of
each revision is still..." might work better.

I write this in the hope that it will make Bazaar seem even more
polished to newcomers.

Mark Fitzgerald
recent bzr adopter