[MERGE] Misc fixes for win32

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Sun Dec 30 19:42:25 GMT 2007

>>>>> "aaron" == Aaron Bentley <aaron at aaronbentley.com> writes:

    aaron> Vincent Ladeuil wrote:
    >>>>>>> "aaron" == Aaron Bentley <aaron at aaronbentley.com> writes:
    >>
    >> <snip/>

    aaron> Unfortunately, the HTTP tests are a real mess.

    >> So nice to say ;-)

    aaron> Well, I wasn't trying to *blame* anyone.

Don't worry, I was joking about *my* refactoring which,
hopefully, helped a bit. And yes, I suffered many hangs myself
along the way and thought that the tests were messy until I fully
understand the server behavior.

    >> Try my latest patch on the subject and report please, it should
    >> help *a lot*.
    >>
    >> http://bundlebuggy.aaronbentley.com/request/%3Cm2k5my21jz.fsf@free.fr%3E

    aaron> It does.  Thanks for pointing it out.

    aaron> I had to tweak it slightly:

Thanks for that. Do you still have the tests that were triggering
that one ? Could it be because no connection were done to the
server ?

    aaron> --- http_server.py      2007-12-30 11:52:11.000000000 -0500
    aaron> +++ /mnt/ntfs/bzr.win32fixes/bzrlib/tests/http_server.py
    aaron> 2007-12-30 12:07:22.000000000 -0500
    aaron> @@ -344,7 +344,11 @@
    aaron>           # that since the server is in a blocking operation and since
    aaron> python
    aaron>           # use select internally, shutting down the socket is reliable and
    aaron>           # relatively clean.
    aaron> -         self.socket.shutdown(socket.SHUT_RDWR)
    aaron> +         try:
    aaron> +             self.socket.shutdown(socket.SHUT_RDWR)
    aaron> +         except socket.error, e:
    aaron> +             if e.args[0] != 10057:
    aaron> +                 raise
    aaron>           # Let the server properly close the socket
    aaron>           self.server_close()

    aaron> After that, the tests that had been failing due to http server issues
    aaron> passed.

Great !
      Vincent