[MERGE] Misc fixes for win32

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Sun Dec 30 11:02:52 GMT 2007

>>>>> "aaron" == Aaron Bentley <aaron at aaronbentley.com> writes:

<snip/>

    aaron> Unfortunately, the HTTP tests are a real mess.

So nice to say ;-)

    aaron> First of all, we're getting socket errors, and if I
    aaron> handle the socket errors, then it tries to do
    aaron> thread.join, and that blocks forever.

Tricky one huh ?

Try my latest patch on the subject and report please, it should
help *a lot*.

http://bundlebuggy.aaronbentley.com/request/%3Cm2k5my21jz.fsf@free.fr%3E

    aaron> I don't have a lot of experience with threads, so I
    aaron> hope someone else can have a look at this.

The problems are not really with threads per se but more with the
way the original http server was written. In fact, the join() is
not even needed and I deleted it in the patch.

    Vincent