[Pkg-bazaar-maint] Bundling several plugins in a new bzr-plugins (Debian/Ubuntu) package?

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Fri Dec 28 17:00:43 GMT 2007

Am Samstag, den 22.12.2007, 12:15 +0100 schrieb Adeodato Simó:
> I vaguely recall that this may have been proposed already, and
> dismissed. But I cannot find the thread.
It's on debian-devel, in the thread for ITP: bundlebuggy I think.

> I'd like to upload to Debian, and hence propagate to Ubuntu, a
> bzr-plugins package that contains many small but useful plugins for bzr,
> for which creating a package for each would be an overkill. How does the
> idea sound?
>
> If it sounds good, maybe we could make a list. John has lots of small
> but very cool stuff. I'd be inclined to add:
>
>   - push-and-update
>   - stats
>   - update-mirrors
>   - bzr-cia
bzr-cia is indeed already in cia-clients.

>   - bookmarks
>
> Maybe bzr-pqm could be bundled in this package instead of creating a new
> package, and maybe bzr-email could be merged as well. Any suggestions
> for more?
>
> If I don't receive strong rationales against it, I'll go ahead an file
> an ITP.
What exactly is the rationale for it?

Smaller packages don't need to be uploaded as much as bigger ones.
bzr-email hasn't been updated in a long time because there was no need
to.

My main concern is that an API change in upstream Bazaar can break one
of the plugins, making the whole package less usable (because of
warnings about being unable to load a plugin.

Cheers,

Jelmer
Jabber: jelmer at jabber.fsfe.org