How to remove a large file from old versions?

Edi Hance edi.hance at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 16:05:09 GMT 2007

How can I remove some large files from previous revisions of the
repository?  I converted a CVS repository to work with Bazaar.  But, a long
time ago, someone had checked in several large files (up to 100 megabytes),
and then subsequently removed them from the active trunk.  This did not
cause a problem in CVS, because they only remained on the server.  Now, they
are causing pain with Bazaar, as the initial checkout takes over 30 minutes
and the Windows version of Bazaar crashes with "Out of memory" errors.

What I want to do is go back in time and remove these large files from the
repository.  Can I just delete the .knit files from the .bzr/repository
folder?  Do I need to run a command to rebuild indexes or maintain database
consistency?  Thanks!

Edi