Bundling several plugins in a new bzr-plugins (Debian/Ubuntu) package?

Adeodato Simó dato at net.com.org.es
Sat Dec 22 11:15:32 GMT 2007

Hello.

I vaguely recall that this may have been proposed already, and
dismissed. But I cannot find the thread.

I'd like to upload to Debian, and hence propagate to Ubuntu, a
bzr-plugins package that contains many small but useful plugins for bzr,
for which creating a package for each would be an overkill. How does the
idea sound?

If it sounds good, maybe we could make a list. John has lots of small
but very cool stuff. I'd be inclined to add:

  - push-and-update
  - stats
  - update-mirrors
  - bzr-cia
  - bookmarks

Maybe bzr-pqm could be bundled in this package instead of creating a new
package, and maybe bzr-email could be merged as well. Any suggestions
for more?

If I don't receive strong rationales against it, I'll go ahead an file
an ITP.

Cheers,

(Oh, I now realize this is similar to Alexander's idea of a plugins pack
for windows.)

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

Algebraic symbols are used when you do not know what you are talking about.
                -- Philippe Schnoebelen