Installer for a patched SVN

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Fri Dec 21 14:01:31 GMT 2007

Hi Szilveszter, Alex,
Am Freitag, den 21.12.2007, 14:41 +0100 schrieb Szilveszter Farkas:
> > 1/ ask here is somebody has already built it for Intel-based Mac OS 10.4
> > so that I don't need to build it myself
> > (I would really prefer not to have to the install XCode)
>
> I was about to build an installer, but I haven't had the time to do it
> yet, so if you feel brave enough, please go ahead :)
>
> > 2/ ask here if it wouldn't be a good idea to have an installer for a patched SVN
> > available for other people like me
> > (lazy people that just want to start using Bazaar without having
> > to pass through different building steps).
>
> Sure, the plan is to have such an installer, so the Bazaar installer for
> Mac could also ship bzr-svn by default.
>
> (If you build the patched Subversion for Tiger, I can offer you to do it
> for Leopard.)
>
> Here you can find some stuff to get started with:
> http://svnbinaries.open.collab.net/servlets/ProjectProcess?tab=4&stage=2
Just a quick note: There was a severe memory leak (and I mean really
severe memory leak) fixed in the Python Subversion bindings recently
that you may want to include. It's been proposed for Subversion 1.4.7
and will be in 1.5.0. You can grab the patch from revision r28544 in
upstream Subversion.

Cheers,

Jelmer
Jabber: jelmer at jabber.fsfe.org