[MERGE] [BUG #175886] test deprecated version-info functions

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Fri Dec 21 15:09:49 GMT 2007

This patch just fixes a deprecated function in version_info_formats, and
then adds tests that the format registry works as expected.

I also sorted the NEWS file, because a couple entries were not in the
correct order. (For those who didn't realize, we did decide to sort NEWS
entries in roughly alphabetical order, to help reduce the chance of
conflicts. Obviously this rename increases the chance since it has a
delete and an add, but ultimately keeping things sorted should help.)

The actual patch is just a single line, and is relatively trivial.