[MERGE/RFC] Merge prefers to use submit branch

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Wed Dec 19 23:03:49 GMT 2007

John Arbash Meinel has voted abstain.
Status is now: Semi-approved
Comment:
The patch itself looks okay.
I'm okay with using submit location first, but I think it mostly point
to us needing a merge location, separate from parent location.

I also know there are people who do:

bzr pull
# oops, it failed
bzr merge

Yes, they could use bzr merge --pull, but for people who are used to
doing the former, this may be a surprising change.

I'm also not sure that people will commonly do:

   bzr merge joe
   bzr send

And want it to go to joe.

I think it is common for our workflow because we develop solely around a
trunk. A lot of people don't, though. They might develop only *on*
trunk, or in more of a mesh.

For details, see:
http://bundlebuggy.aaronbentley.com/request/%3C47669F23.3050904%40utoronto.ca%3E