Bazaar 1.0 and associated debs

James Henstridge james at jamesh.id.au
Wed Dec 19 06:50:15 GMT 2007

On 19/12/2007, Martin Pool <mbp at sourcefrog.net> wrote:
> OK, I've built a bzr1.0 deb for gutsy, feisty, edgy and dapper into
> the repositories on bazaar-vcs.org.  Hardy (the next Ubuntu release)
> already has 1.0, as does Debian sid.
>
> Jelmer expressed on irc that we should probably not worry much about
> building packages for sid as they're done quickly by the Debian bzr
> packaging team.
>
> Many of the plugins are already built into hardy.  So, I'm basically
> going to just get that source and poke it into a PPA
> <https://edge.launchpad.net/~bzr/+archive/> to rebuild on previous
> Ubuntu releases.
>
> I'd like to move them into the bazaar-vcs.org archive, but moving them
> across automatically is not quite trivial.  So I think I'll sit on
> that for a bit and look for either a tool to do it, motivation to
> write a script myself, or feedback on the mail about PPAs.

I put together a package of the last release of bzr-pqm here:
    https://edge.launchpad.net/~jamesh/+archive

Feel free to include it in the bazaar-vcs.org repository too.  This
version shares a lot more infrastructure with Bazaar than the older
versions (it uses the email/smtp modules, and shares configuration
with "bzr send" where appropriate).

It is probably time for a 1.0 release of that plugin too ...

James.

James.