Bazaar 1.0 and associated debs

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Wed Dec 19 04:28:37 GMT 2007

OK, I've built a bzr1.0 deb for gutsy, feisty, edgy and dapper into
the repositories on bazaar-vcs.org.  Hardy (the next Ubuntu release)
already has 1.0, as does Debian sid.

Jelmer expressed on irc that we should probably not worry much about
building packages for sid as they're done quickly by the Debian bzr
packaging team.

Many of the plugins are already built into hardy.  So, I'm basically
going to just get that source and poke it into a PPA
<https://edge.launchpad.net/~bzr/+archive/> to rebuild on previous
Ubuntu releases.

I'd like to move them into the bazaar-vcs.org archive, but moving them
across automatically is not quite trivial.  So I think I'll sit on
that for a bit and look for either a tool to do it, motivation to
write a script myself, or feedback on the mail about PPAs.

--
Martin