Slow log

Micah Elliott mde at MicahElliott.com
Tue Dec 18 22:06:45 GMT 2007

Hi.  I'm a bzr newbie, but trying to get a feel for it, hoping to
adopt.

I'm walking through the User Guide, and I've done the following
steps to use the bzr repo itself as a test model.

    $ cd tmp
    $ bzr init-repo bzr-repo
    $ bzr branch http://bazaar-vcs.org/bzr/bzr.dev bzr.dev
    $ cd bzr.dev
    $ date >mde
    $ bzr add mde
    $ bzr ci -m 'added a date file'
    $ bzr log mde
    <7 seconds later, the log msg>

Why is a simple command like log taking so long?  Is it having to
look at the original branch source for some reason?  I wouldn't
have expected it to be a network operation.  diff and commit are
snappy.  And now that I've got a few commits to that file it's up
to 12 seconds, even with '-r -1'.

I'm using a pretty recent installed version 1.0rc1.  The machine
I'm doing this on is unloaded and not a slouch.

--
                          |V|icah |- lliott
mde at MicahElliott.com            <><             http://MicahElliott.com
PGP: 0x7C07CBF0          ICQ: 369060435      Linux/Ubuntu: 417195/12440
HackerKey: v4sw6YUPCJhw5ln5pr7OPck2ma9u8Lw3m5l6Ui2e7t3b8LDMOen6a3XsMRr5