Bazaar Installer for Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard)

Szilveszter Farkas szilveszter.farkas at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 08:49:48 GMT 2007

Hi,

I've just uploaded a disk image that features Bazaar 1.0 final installer
for the Mac platform.

There's a wiki page dedicated to the installer:
http://bazaar-vcs.org/MacOSXBundle

Some highlights from that page...

Contents of the package:
 - Bazaar 1.0 (library and executable)
 - PyCrypto 2.0.1 and Paramiko 1.7.1
 - BzrTools 1.0.0
 - QBzr 0.8.0
 - Rebase plugin 0.3
 - Documentation in PDF format (installed as well, but can be accessed
from the disk image directly)

Download:

Currently I'm hosting the disk image on my own site (not sure about
Launchpad accepting 38 MB files).

http://phanatic.hu/bzr/mac/Bazaar-1.0-OSX10.5.dmg
(MD5: b0606cb53463d027363619fc587c3545)

A quick FAQ:

Q: You said you'll ship bzr-svn, but I can't see it. What happened?
A: Leopard ships with Subversion 1.4.4, that doesn't have the patch
applied, which is needed by bzr-svn to work properly. I'm still
investigating the possibility of building a binary installer for a
patched Subversion based on the existing work of the svnbinaries
community. You can expect such an installer for the next Bazaar release
(hopefully).

Q: I'm running a rock solid version of OS X, which is Tiger. Why Leopard
only?
A: I have only one machine that runs Leopard. Unfortunately OS X is not
that kind of OS, which can be run in a VMware environment to deploy
binaries for different platforms.

Q: I don't want to depend on your free time, and/or want to have a
slightly modified version of the installer, what can I do?
A: The installer creation process will be documented in the wiki. It's
still under construction, but you can have a look at it here:
http://bazaar-vcs.org/MacOSXBundle/Prepare

If you have any questions or issues, don't hesitate to reply to this
message, or to contact me directly.

Any help is appreciated of course (especially building a patched
Subversion installer would be cool). Just drop me a line, if you're
working on something, so we can collaborate.

Enjoy,
Szilveszter / phanatic