Confused about the output of 'bzr log --f --limit=X'

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Fri Dec 14 14:25:18 GMT 2007

>>>>> "adeato" == Adeodato Simó <dato at net.com.org.es> writes:

    adeato> * Vincent Vertigo [Fri, 14 Dec 2007 11:59:47 +0100]:
    >> Hi,

    >> First, using bzr from command-line, I find the 'forward /
    >> --f' option mandatory as soon as my branch exceeds 50
    >> revisions: I am usually more interested in the log of my
    >> latest revisions,

Me too.

    >> and it seems more logical to me in that chronological
    >> order.

They are in *a* chronological order ;-)

I think most of "us" use it in conjunction with --limit in such a
way that it does not exceed a screen length. Then we read what we
are more interested in in logical order too: starting with the
most recent ones.

    >> Am I the only one?

No, your point of view is valid too.

<snip/>

    adeato> I definitely see an argument for changing it to
    adeato> "limit the output to the N *newest* revisions". I'd
    adeato> be glad to hear what the developers think about this.

I agree with that too.

  Vincent