[MERGE] Support reconfiguring a repository

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Fri Dec 14 07:12:08 GMT 2007

Aaron Bentley wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This patch enables reconfiguring repositories into branches, trees,
> checkouts and lightweight checkouts (though any kind of checkout will
> require --bind-to).
>
> This makes it possible to create a tree or checkout in the root of a
> shared repository.
>
> It also ensures that shared repositories are not destroyed when
> converting into a lightweight checkout.

Aaron,

bb: approve

Some comments/questions:

1. Are there plans for a --repo (or --shared-repo) to convert a
   branch (say) into a shared repository?

2. As part of the recent implementation of switch for normal
   checkouts, I put in a check for local commits which hadn't
   been pushed to the (potentially previously) bound branch.
   Should _check() do something similar when reconfiguring
   from a normal to a lightweight checkout say?

Otherwise, this is really great. Thank-you!

Ian C.