[MERGE][bug #175886][RFC][1.0] Read superfluous bytes sent by dumb http servers by chunks.

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Thu Dec 13 10:34:27 GMT 2007

Vincent Ladeuil пишет:

> <snip/>
>
>     vila> Possible solutions:
>
>     vila> - we consider that http servers for bzr should be 1.1 and don't
>     vila>   try too hard for 1.0 servers (bialix said he doesn't care
>     vila>   because he plan to use the smart server anyway),
>
>     vila> - we implement a local http cache either for a single readv or
>     vila>   preferably for the transport life (but that may interact badly
>     vila>   for external libraries clients keeping transports for a long
>     vila>   time, single bzr commands should be ok)
>
> - Warn user.
>
> Implemented in the attached patch as suggested by Aaron and John,
>
>             Vincent
>
> P.S.: Brrr, feel naked without tests, alexander can you at least
> try that patch ? I cheated to test the warning emission (and will
> add the corresponding tests in my http/1.1 branch I swear).

bb:comment

1) for `bzr log http://` the warning was printed after first portion of
data was emitted. It's strange. Looks like the bug for me. If my dumb
server always sent full text why you catch this fact only on second readv?

2) Your warning message should be marked with some distinct prefix, IMO.
I suggest to use something like: "bzr: WARNING: Got a 200 response..."