error: Remote server did not return a token

Benjamin Heitmann benjamin.heitmann at deri.org
Thu Dec 13 10:04:58 GMT 2007

On 13.12.2007, at 03:11, Martin Pool wrote:

> Hi Benjamin,
>
> Thankyou for the report.  This seems to be a newly reported bug:
>
>   https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/176020
>
> Does this always occur for you?  Can you access the repository
> successfully by running bzr on the server, or using sftp?
>
> This may be fixed by Bazaar 1.0rc3; if you could test that and let us
> know that would help.

1.0rc3 changed the error message into the following:
----------------------
bzr commit -m "survey finished"
Password:
Unable to obtain lock chroot-139686348:///home/eyal/bzr/papers/
eswc2008-survey/.bzr/branch/lock
held by benjamin at srvgal18-vm9 on host srvgal18-vm9 [process #29219]
locked 16 minutes, 35 seconds ago
Will continue to try until 22:20:53

My work mate, who set up the repository, then remarked that he gets
such errors very often. He advised me to create my own repository,
and now I pull changes from his repository, and he pulls changes from
mine.

So we are able to work, but the new branch format definitively needs
to be more stable ;)