bzr log http+urllib does not work, http+pycurl is too slow

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Wed Dec 12 17:21:19 GMT 2007

    bialix> Aaron Bentley пишет:
    >> Vincent Ladeuil wrote:
    >>> Hey ! List ! What do *you* think ?
    >>
    >> I think that if we're trying to use packs and the http server doesn't
    >> support ranges, it might be nice to warn the user.  That way, people
    >> won't just blame it on Bazaar.

    bialix> Completely agree here.

Something like:

if pending > 1024 * 1024:
   # Warn only above a threshold
   trace.warning("Your http server can't handle ranges,"
                 " bzr will be slower (%s useless bytes not requested)",
                 pending)

?

Note that message may be slightly wrong since I have no easy way
to check the useless bytes at the beginning of the file.

        Vincent