bazaar 1.0rc3 (final candidate)

DeeJay smartgpx at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 12:38:42 GMT 2007

On 12/12/2007, Alexander Belchenko <bialix at ukr.net> wrote:
> if you're using bzr.exe it's not good idea to run selftest.
> Because bzr.exe has too many specific details that current selftest does
> not handle well.

This is Bazaar as installed by "bzr-setup-1.0.0.candidate.3.exe"

If selftest is not valid/helpful for this configuration, perhaps an entry
in 'bzr help selftest' to that effect would avoid creating the impression
that bzr has been shipped in an untested state? Even better would
be an early test that checks the nature of the installation and bails
out early if the tests will not be meaningful.

(private aside to Alexander: your packaging of bzr as a Windows
installer is critical to my adoption of bzr - I would not go to the
trouble of installing Python and all the dependencies just to
try an application that might not suit my needs. The fact that
this packaging introduces some 'rough edges' - for example
in respect of installing some plugins, and this issue with selftest,
is secondary to the fact that I would not be running bzr were
it not for the existence of regularly updated copies of
bzr-setup-xxx.exe  So - Thanks)