Bazaar is ignored in some places?

Erik Bågfors zindar at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 19:17:39 GMT 2007

On 2007 dec 11, at 19.52, Alexander Belchenko <bialix at ukr.net> wrote:

> Matt Nordhoff пишет:
>>> ---
>>>
>>> ** (g) Changesets' Support
>>>
>>> Does the repository supports changesets? Changesets are a way to
>>> group a number
>>> of modifications that are relevant to each other in one atomic
>>> package, that
>>> can be cancelled or propagated as needed.
>>>
>>> ---
>>> ---
>>> Answer:
>>
>> Yes.
>
> I'm not sure here. Probably no.

I think this is a question of definition. My first reaction was that
with that definition the answer should be yes.

While it could be read in a another way so that only really darcs
would fit. (of the systems that I know of at least)

Personally I don't like this kind of comparison because it is very
much based on what the author of the questions thinks is important
which may not match with what the designers of a specific vcs believes
is important. Also you get a mix of therminology. He talks of
repository where we would sometimes talk about branch and he talks
about changeset in a way that is different from how I would define
changeset.

>>> ---
>>> ---
>>>
>>> ** (b) Ease of Deployment
>>>
>>> How easy it is to deploy the software? What are the depenedencies
>>> and how can
>>> they be satisfied?
>>>
>>> ---
>>> ---
>>> Answer:
>
> There is standard installer for windows. So on windows it's very easy

So is it on mac now with the new mpkg installer. On Linux it's
starting to be included wish all distributions :)

I think bzr is in a very good state here.