[MERGE] [1.0] Move material out of User Guide into User Reference

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Tue Dec 11 14:59:26 GMT 2007

Aaron Bentley пишет:

> Alexander Belchenko wrote:
>> Aaron Bentley пишет:
>>> If we have a doc directory,
>>> people will look there for documentation.  If they can't find what
>>> they're looking for there, many will assume that the documentation they
>>> are looking for does not exist.
>> I disagree.
>> Let's define what's main primary documentation intended to users
>> and what's our internal thing. Currently all texts are our internal
>> thing -- from text and python sources we generate full set of html
>> documentation.
>
> In my view, the ReST versions are not an internal thing.  Many
> commandline users prefer plaintext, and the ReST versions of the files
> are useful to them.

Are you say now about bzr.dev hackers or about end users?
I want to note one more time: setup.py by default don't install anything
in Linux system. Is it the bug?

>> Let's define policy here and make clear distinction: what should be in
>> distributive (including release tarball) and what should be in bzr.dev
>> sources.
>
> Well, I don't know what you want to put on Windows,

For last 1.5 years I put html docs only into all forms of windows
installers.

> but I definitely think we should be shipping plaintext documentation on Unix.

In this case this documentation should be built before tarball created.
Unfortunately we create full text documentation only as part of building
html docs. If you want to see correct plaintext documentation in the
source tarball we should start create it. Right now there is no complete
plaintext documentation. There is big part of docs, but not all.