[MERGE] [1.0] Move material out of User Guide into User Reference

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Tue Dec 11 13:41:22 GMT 2007

Alexander Belchenko wrote:

> Because in the osutils code related to loading text file you call it
> "package", but use simple directory layout (without __init__.py) it
> seems a bit misleading. I think it's time to move bzrlib/help_topics.py
> to bzrlib/help_topics/__init__.py to make code match comments.

Done in the attached patch.

> +    resource_name = "en/%s.txt" % (topic_name,)
> +    return osutils.resource_string('bzrlib.help_topics', resource_name)
>
> ^-- In the text you say now texts live in help_topics/en/, but in the
> code you're using just help_topics, and resourse_string does not seems
> to append 'en' part oneself. So, it wont work, IIUC.

The "en/" is part of the resource_name. I've used osutils.pathjoin() to
make that more explicit now.

I've also added a readme.txt into doc/en/user-reference explaining the
document is generated from the online help topics and redirecting anyone
looking there to bzrlib/help_topics. This is in response to Aaron's
concerns (though it may not be sufficient to address them).

Ian C.