Access control for shared repository

Balint Aradi balint.aradi at bccms.uni-bremen.de
Tue Dec 11 09:21:12 GMT 2007

> Well, one interesting trick is that you could customize it based on ssh user.
> So you could do:
>
> bzr log bzr+ssh://project@host/branch
> bzr log bzr+ssh://project2@host/trunk
>
> etc.
>
> That isn't a whole lot different from:
>
> bzr log bzr+ssh://host/project/branch
> bzr log bzr+ssh://host/project2/trunk

  My problem with that solution is the administration overhead. You have
to manage one separete account for every repository, which means several
separated authorized_keys and bzr_access.conf files. Even worse, if the
repository administrator and the system administrator are different
persons (as it is in my case), former has to ask the latter to create a
new account every time a new repository is created...

  Cheers,

    Bálint

Ps. The licence of bzr_access should be GPL of course, so feel free to
add the appropriate lines to it.

--
Dr. Bálint Aradi
Bremen Center for Computational Materials Science, University of Bremen,