bazaar 1.0rc3 (final candidate)

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Tue Dec 11 09:02:13 GMT 2007

Hi,

I've just uploaded a tarball (yes, I really did! :-) of Bazaar 1.0rc3.
 I expect this will be our last candidate and we will do 1.0 final on
Friday with no code changes.

Let's test it, work on packaging, check for documentation corrections,
and get ready for a good final release.  Tomorrow I plan to make an
updated deb for this version.

This release does have Ian's documentation changes, Vincent's http
readv improvements.  It doesn't have John's index fixes because, as
far as I could see, there were still queries from Aaron.  I hope we
can land them to trunk soon.

(For 1.1 and following I'd like to work on improving the release
process, to have less manual steps in both making the tarball and
publishing the release to the world...)

bzr 1.0rc3 2007-12-11
     (Martin Pool)

  BUGFIXES:

   * Fix Makefile rules for doc generation. (Ian Clatworthy, #175207)

   * Give more feedback during long http downloads by making readv deliver data
     as it arrives for urllib, and issue more requests for pycurl. High latency
     networks are better handled by urllib, the pycurl implementation give more
     feedback but also incur more latency.
     (Vincent Ladeuil, #173010)

   * Implement _make_parents_provider on RemoteRepository, allowing generating
     bundles against branches on a smart server.  (Andrew Bennetts, #147836)

  DOCUMENTATION:

   * Improved user guide.  (Ian Clatworthy)

   * The single-page quick reference guide is now available as a PDF.
     (Ian Clatworthy)

  INTERNALS:

    * readv urllib http implementation is now a real iterator above the
      underlying socket and deliver data as soon as it arrives. 'get' still
      wraps its output in a StringIO.
      (Vincent Ladeuil)

--
Martin