[MERGE] [1.0] Move material out of User Guide into User Reference

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Mon Dec 10 15:22:23 GMT 2007

Alexander Belchenko wrote:
> Aaron Bentley пишет:
>> And I fear that we're introducing too many ReST-isms into what's
>> supposed to be plaintext docs.  The headings are fine, but the links are
>> a problem.  I don't think Bazaar users should be forced to interpret
>> "See also `Using Hooks <../user-guide/index.html#using-hooks>`_." when
>> they run "bzr help hooks"
>
> I personally agree with last comment. I just thinking that we can
> improve it later, because Ian want to merge it to 1.0, and next rc is
> very close.

I'm happy to get it right rather than rush it through. It would be good
to have this in 1.0 but 1.1 is not far off anyhow.

One option is to mark those particular topics as "not for on-line help,
only User Reference" somehow. That wouldn't apply to all topics loaded
from files - just these ones already in ReST say.

The bigger issue to me is the location issue - doc area vs bzrlib/help
directory. Changing to bzrlib/help/en is simple, of course. If we go
back to the doc area, how do we find the files and what changes are
needed to the Windows installer?

Ian C.