Access control for shared repository

Balint Aradi balint.aradi at bccms.uni-bremen.de
Mon Dec 10 15:09:40 GMT 2007

>>  I was thinking to write a Python wrapper in the spirit of hg-login [1]
>> in order to restrict access to selected repositories. One could specify
>> for each repository rw or r flags for users or group of users.
>
> I think that would be very helpful to have. I'm not super amazed at the perl
> script, but I guess it does what it needs to.

I've written something alike (in Python, of course):

  http://www.bccms.uni-bremen.de/uploads/media/bzr_access

However, that doesn't work, since it tries to extract the directory name
from the --directory option in the command passed to ssh. :-( This
means, permission control should be implemented in bzr itself, and not
added as a wrapper. I'm not sure, if there is any effort in that
direction going on.

  Best regards

    Bálint

--
Dr. Bálint Aradi
Bremen Center for Computational Materials Science, University of Bremen,