[ANNOUNCE] QBzr 0.8.0 released

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 15:00:34 GMT 2007

On Po, 2007-12-10 at 15:25 +0100, Joseph Wakeling wrote:
> Lukáš Lalinský wrote:
> > I'm pleased to announce QBzr 0.8.0 release. This is mostly a new-feature
> > release, but there also some important bug fixes in it. Some of the
> > tools are more integrated with each other, and generally QBzr is on it's
> > way to become one piece of application instead of a bunch of completely
> > separate commands (more on that in Roadmap).
>
> Great!  As per our earlier discussion about 0.7.x I did some brief
> checking with bzr 0.90 and it looks like it works perfectly.  The
> qconfig command is a nice addition.

Thanks.

> The roadmap looks like a good plan.  One thing: can we expect qlog to
> display a graph of the branch history (instead of a tree of revision
> numbers) any time soon?  It's a minor point but it's nice to have and is
> one thing that qbzr lacks compared to bzr-gtk.

The qlog display will change a bit in the future to make it more obvious
which revisions are merges and which are not, but it will not be a
graph. Bazaar uses the concept of mainline and I think the current qlog
fits the concept more than git-like graph.

But if somebody want to do qviz, patches are welcome, of course. :)

> Also, what about hooks for other applications to use qbzr?  It would be
> really good for apps such as KDevelop, Quanta Plus, Kate, Kile and
> others to have a (q)bzr toolbar or menu or similar.

I'd be glad to help anybody who would try to integrate QBzr into an
application, but I personally don't use KDE, don't like KDE and don't
see myself working on a KDE application.

Lukas