Bazaar is ignored in some places?

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Sat Dec 8 17:55:56 GMT 2007

Am Samstag, den 08.12.2007, 14:17 +0200 schrieb Alexander Belchenko:
> I found that in some places Bazaar specially or not but ignored.
>
> 1) http://better-scm.berlios.de/comparison/comparison.html
> Well known comparison between various SCM. Bazaar (as well as git) is not mentioned at all.
> Many people point to this table, although I don't see any real profit from it.
I think simply that (missing git and bzr) indicates how old that table
is. Perhaps we could ask the author to get it updated?

> 2) Slackware Linux.
> One is the oddest Linux distribution with his one-man-dictator -- Patrick -- maintainer.
> There is git and Mercurial, but no Bazaar.
I started out using Slackware when I was first looking at Linux, but
it's been a while since I've touched it. None of the people I know that
were running Slackware still are.  Does Slackware still matter?

Cheers,

Jelmer
Jabber: jelmer at jabber.fsfe.org