[ANNOUNCE] QBzr 0.8.0 released

Lukáš Lalinský lalinsky at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 10:36:08 GMT 2007

Hi folks,

I'm pleased to announce QBzr 0.8.0 release. This is mostly a new-feature
release, but there also some important bug fixes in it. Some of the
tools are more integrated with each other, and generally QBzr is on it's
way to become one piece of application instead of a bunch of completely
separate commands (more on that in Roadmap).

Download
========

Source code (works on any *nix, Windows and Mac OS X):
https://launchpad.net/qbzr/trunk/0.8.0/+download/qbzr-0.8.0.tar.gz
(MD5 checksum: 89c81d0038ce118fb9a009e6fff6b947)

Windows standalone installer (works with bzr.exe on Windows):
https://launchpad.net/qbzr/trunk/0.8.0/+download/qbzr-setup-0.8.0.exe
(MD5 checksum: 0d0c163da97f69f2b46dfe2d571a7f50)

Windows Python-based installer (works on Windows with custom Python
+PyQt4 installation):
https://launchpad.net/qbzr/trunk/0.8.0/+download/qbzr-setup-0.8.0.exe
(MD5 checksum: de405828338a539dbf7c8efffb10fd78)

Changes
=======

 * qannotate:
    * Double clicking history in annotate window should open
      diff window. (Lukáš Lalinský, #148024)
 * qbrowse:
    * Context menu "Show log" now actually works.
      (Alexander Belchenko, Mario del Pozo, #147434)
 * qcat:
    * Show contents of a file in a particular revision.
      (Lukáš Lalinský)
 * qcommit:
    * Ask for confirmation when trying to commit with empty message.
      (Lukáš Lalinský, #173327)
    * Remember the last message on cancel or error.
      (Lukáš Lalinský, #149743)
 * qconfig:
    * New command. (Lukáš Lalinský)
 * qdiff:
    * Removed unused option --inline. (Alexander Belchenko, #148409)
    * Fix a special case where the line in the HTML view still contained
      newline characters. (Lukáš Lalinský)
    * Fix failure for modified file in moved directory. (Lukáš Lalinský)
 * qlog:
    * Add a global branch lock around qlog to make showing of modified
      files on packs faster. (Lukáš Lalinský, #173327)
    * Use a flat list for single-file log. (Lukáš Lalinský, #172558)
    * Display text with the right color for selected but non-active
      lines with tags/bugs. (Alexander Belchenko)
    * Open a single-file diff window after double-clicking on a file.
      (Lukáš Lalinský, #148410)
    * Search in commit messages. (Lukáš Lalinský, #162952)

Roadmap
=======

Since I've seen a few people asking on IRC how they actually use QBzr,
because they expected it to be a standalone application, I've decided to
make such a application. I'm planning the first usable standalone "QBzr"
for 0.10.0, with most of the functionality added to separate commands in
0.9.0.

The general idea is to have a WinCSV-style application, with a file
system tree on left, branch status view on right, maybe some kind of
console on the bottom. The application will be interlinked with the
current qcommands via toolbar buttons and menus. Nothing too advanced,
but it should be something that replaces the command line at least for
the most commonly used operations. After this custom "shell" is done, I
think it should be easy to port it to e.g. Windows Explorer and use in
TortoiseBzr.

If you would like to help with this idea, take a look at
https://bugs.launchpad.net/qbzr/ (where I'll try to file all required
steps as bug reports) and "bzr send" patches! :)

Lukas