Call for volunteers - improved installation experience on OS X, Windows, Linux/Unix

Adam Mercer ramercer at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 14:45:01 GMT 2007

On Dec 6, 2007 8:37 AM, Ian Clatworthy <ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net> wrote:

> Thanks to the work of Olexandr and Adam, we have maintained Windows
> installers and a MacPort already. Earlier today, I put my thoughts on
> how we could do better on OS X here:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/174275. In a nutshell, I'd love to
> see MacPorts of numerous plugins and a user-friendly installer.
> Szilvester has offered to do an installer. Hooray! Can anyone else help
> either in the packaging or the testing thereof?

I've been thinking about some of the points you raise recently,
specifically the name of the port as I have been thinking of renaming
the port from 'bazaar-ng' to 'bzr'.  The release of 1.0 would provide
an ideal time to do this, also the name 'bzr' would make more sense in
relation to creating ports of various plugins.

I'll look into this and try and get things ready for when 1.0 is released.

Cheers

Adam