[MERGE][1.0][trivial] Fix link to packs in doc/developers/index.txt

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Wed Dec 5 19:58:13 GMT 2007

Matt Nordhoff wrote:
> John Arbash Meinel wrote:
>> Except that directory is generated directly from the sources. I'm not
>> manually maintaining that directory. So we would have to check in the
>> fix to bzr.dev itself. And there isn't a strictly kosher way of doing
>> redirects without editing Apache configuration files....
>>
>> Unless we want a knitrepo.html which has a meta Redirect tag in it,
>> which I don't think we could create easily from a source ReST file.
>> (Though we probably could just check in an existing .html file).
>>
>> And the people who control the global Apache configs are the Canonical
>> Sys admins, which requires filing an rt request, explaining to them what
>> we really need and why we need it, etc.
>>
>> What we *could* do is add a .htaccess file with a redirect (I maintain
>> one for the windows download files.)
>>
>> But, as the easy way to update the documentation is:
>>
>> make html
>> rsync -av --delete doc/html /srv/.../doc/
>>
>> That will end up nuking the .htaccess file (you could not use --delete,
>> but then stale files wouldn't get deleted, etc, etc.)
>>
>> Anyway, I won't disagree that fixing it for some time would be a 20s
>> fix. Actually fixing it would be a lot more involved. And not really
>> worth the time it would take.
>
> Ahh. I was hoping that throwing up a .htaccess on the server would be
> "good enough".
>
> Fixing it for some time would be an improvement over the current situation.
>
> Anyway, ignoring what to do with knitpack.html, you still need to get
> packrepo.html working.

I'm still waiting for your patch to go through, but I did regenerate the
documentation as above. Well actually it was:

make docs
rsync -av --delete doc/ /srv/.../bzr.dev

Also, the atttached patch is built upon yours, and cleans up some ReST
lines that were meant to be comments. (I don't really like seeing vim:
in the html output).

I'm going to go ahead and submit it, because it falls under "trivial".