[RFC] strip out trailing quote character in file paths?

John Yates jyates at netezza.com
Wed Dec 5 17:16:44 GMT 2007

On Wed. 2007-12-05 Alexander Belchenko wrote:

> Windows does not allow such character in paths when someone try to
> create new file or directory (actually list of forbidden characters

So I am sitting at a Linux box. I initiate an upstream branch and hope
to enlist Windows developers in my project.  Is there anyway that I can
configure my branch so that neither I nor any downstream Linux developer
can (accidentally?) shaft those Windows developers (e.g. by adding a
name that creates a case alias or includes a forbidden character)?

/john