1.0rc2 this Friday; 1.1 in January

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Mon Dec 3 21:00:28 GMT 2007

Thankyou to everyone who contributed to the release candidate last
week, and for the pack performance fixes both before and after.  It's
quite a milestone.

I propose to make another release candidate at the end of this week
(about 7 dec), from the contents of
<http://bazaar-vcs.org/bzr/bzr.1.0>.  I'm open to any reasonably safe
performance or bug improvements, targeted to that branch -- as usual,
please mark the patch mail with [merge][1.0] so it's easy to catch
them.  After that, I propose to make a 1.0 final the following week (c
14 dec), with zero or few changes from rc2.

Following on from that, I'd like to go back to a steady 4-weekly
release cadence -- four weeks from the 1.0 release will be the 11th of
January.  I want to try to keep these cycles more steady, and to keep
doing regular mail about the release progress.  I realize people will
have more or less spare time over the holidays, but I think there will
be enough for a worthwhile release.

So, any bugs we must do this week, any bugs or features we want to do
in the next month?

--
Martin