[MERGE] Remove error checking about paramiko

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Mon Dec 3 18:20:19 GMT 2007

There was some error trapping code in bzrlib/smart/medium.py that was used
back when it depended on bzrlib.transport.sftp, but now it only depends on
bzrlib.transport.ssh, which doesn't depend on paramiko.

Adeodato was confused by this, into whether we strictly needed paramiko or
not. So I cleaned it up a bit.

The second fix isn't strictly necessary. The code is part of
'SubprocessVendor.connect_sftp'. While SubprocessVendor doesn't depend on
paramiko, connect_sftp does. But even so, it felt better to not use an
attribute of a variable that could be None. (So that if we got an
exception, we would handle it correctly, rather than raising an
AttributeError exception.) We may not even get that far if paramiko isn't
installed.