'bzr switch' and a lightweight checkout of a bound branch

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Fri Nov 30 04:03:47 GMT 2007

On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 09:50:12PM -0600 I heard the voice of
John Arbash Meinel, and lo! it spake thus:

> I *think* it should just move the lightweight pointer to another
> location.

I dunno if it's not quite so clear.  The right answer may depend on
whether you're really making a "bound branch", or a "[heavy]
checkout"; there's a subtle intentional difference (this also ties
into some questions about behavior of checkouts).

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net