[MERGE][#172612] bzr commit: don't print the revision number twice

Matt Nordhoff mnordhoff at mattnordhoff.com
Fri Nov 30 02:58:09 GMT 2007

<https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/172612> was bothered by how much
more verbose "bzr commit" has gotten.

This patch follows Lukáš Lalinský's suggestion in that bug:

> I'd personally prefer (a) with a small modification:
>
> Committing to: /etc/
> modified postgresql/8.2/main/pg_hba.conf
> modified postgresql/8.2/main/pg_ident.conf
> Committed revision 37.
>
> to make is more consistant with other commands, e.g. pull:
>
> Using saved location: /etc/
>  M postgresql/8.2/main/pg_hba.conf
>  M postgresql/8.2/main/pg_ident.conf
> All changes applied successfully.
> Now on revision 37.

This also deprecates not passing the location argument to
NullCommitReporter/ReportCommitToLog.started. Daniel Watkins added the
method, and when I asked in IRC, he said:

"AFAICT, the 'location=None' part is an artefact from when I refactored
the location notification from the 'completed' hook to the 'started'
hook.  As the completed hook already existed, I had to add an extra
parameter to avoid breaking the API and this got carried over,
unnecessarily, to 'started'."

I put that change in a separate commit, so you can just skip it if you
want to. Shrug.