Bazaar 1.0 alpha, and packs as default

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Fri Nov 30 02:01:37 GMT 2007

Martin Pool wrote:
> I want to switch over to packs as the default format for bzr.dev
> today, and make a 1.0 alpha-test release based on that tomorrow.

I'm planning to submit the User Guide in the next few hours to PQM,
given I think it ought to be in the RC and feedback received by others,
both on and off-list, has all been positive.

Some emails have been very helpful in pointing out Linux-centric file
locations, something I'm planning to tweak before submitting it. The
patch will also include svg's, not just the png's, for diagrams. I have
other minor tweaks as well I'm making to improve readability, nothing
new content wise though.

I don't think anyone in the core has time right now for a full review so
I'd like to point out some particular sections for someone in the core
to check please:

* section 3.8 - Undoing mistakes
* section 5.5 - Reusing a checkout.

I'm 99% confident about the technical accuracy of the rest of the new
content.

Ian C.