Help needed with implementing annotate

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Thu Nov 29 20:23:46 GMT 2007

Jeremy Wilkins wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've been doing some work on the TextMate integration with Bazaar.
> I've been trying to implement annotate support, the approach is to
> iterate over each line in the file and spit out a HTML table, which
> TextMate can render with an embedded webkit window.
>
> The code I've got at the minute, only works if the file your trying to
> annotate had changes in the most recent commit, this is using
> annotate._annotate_file, eg

Jeremy,

In case it helps, I have a patch to improve annotate to support the
workingtree changes and not just those in the branch. See
http://bundlebuggy.aaronbentley.com/request/%3C46F45F92.7080205@internode.on.net%3E.

Aaron has requested some refactoring before this makes it into the core.
Even so, the code may help you see how to do certain things you'll
probably want to. Likewise, the code for gannotate (from the bzr-gtk
plugin) was useful for me when putting the above patch together and
might help you as well.

Ian C.