ui consistency thing again

Wichmann, Mats D mats.d.wichmann at intel.com
Thu Nov 29 18:22:53 GMT 2007

Just chatting with Jeff Licquia, we've both been
bothered by the same gripe in this "ui consistency" area:

bzr status always reports branch-root-relative paths,
whether or not given arguments.

$ cd headers/alsa
$ bzr status
headers/alsa/timer.h
$ bzr status .
headers/alsa/timer.h
$ bzr status timer.h
headers/alsa/timer.h

I often have chunks of tool-generated code to
deal with, and I may want to just check in some,
split the commit into two, etc.

So I take my output, save it to a file,
narrow down the file and try to check in:

$ cat xxx
headers/alsa/timer.h
$ bzr commit -m "foo" `cat xxx`
bzr: ERROR: Path(s) are not versioned: headers/alsa/headers/alsa/timer.h

So commit is quite happy to take cwd-relative paths
but status isn't... oh, wait, maybe I can get more
useful data from "bzr modified" instead?

$ bzr modified
headers/alsa/timer.h
$ bzr modified .
bzr: ERROR: extra argument to command modified: .

Guess I can't get there from here ....

(no complaints really for modified, it works just as
it's documented, "List files modified in working tree.")