Bazaar 1.0 alpha, and packs as default

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Thu Nov 29 03:13:33 GMT 2007

I want to switch over to packs as the default format for bzr.dev
today, and make a 1.0 alpha-test release based on that tomorrow.

The bugs still to do for it are here:

  https://edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+milestone/1.0alpha1

I think the things necessary for an alpha are just:

  https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/165304
  "can't pull knits to packs over hpss"
  I'll work on this with Andrew

and some others that are very important but possibly not blocking an alpha are

  https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/165290
  "packs do not check for missing compression parents"
  packs should be more careful when pulling to make sure problems
don't propagate

  https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/164626
  "branching from hpss doesn't preserve repository format"
  you get a default-format repository, whereas normally branching
gives you the same format as the source

  https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/165304
  Robert is working on a pack-native reconcile.

We have a branch for this at http://bazaar-vcs.org/bzr/bzr.1.0