Upgrading bzr

Mariano Mara marplatense at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 28 18:15:30 GMT 2007

Hi,
  currently I have bzr installed in two places (among others):
  1- my personal machine, Ubuntu Feisty, using 0.15.0
  2- my server, CentOs 4, using 0.12.0

I would like to upgrade to latest version of bzr in both places, however
I'm facing a problem and a doubt:
The problem:
  1- For my Feisty, I added the bzr repo as suggested @
http://bazaar-vcs.org/DistroDownloads. When I try to upgrade I find that
bzr 0.92 depends on libc6 2.6-1 but on Feisty I just have 2.5
Can you guys suggest a clean way to fix this dependency problem
(download the gutsy .deb for libc6?, compile from source libc6?)

The doubt:
  1- I'm pretty sure I installed bzr in the server manually compiled so
I guess I can do it again to upgrade. However, I don't expect to just
install it and hope it will overwrite previous version. I will instead
uninstall 0.12.0 (don't know how yet) and then perform a clean install
for 0.92. My doubt is what's gonna happen with the bzr branches I have
in the server. Besides the backup I'll perform, I'm not sure how to make
the new bzr aware of them and if I will have problems in using the
previous branch-format.

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Mariano.