[MERGE] Simplify the check_file_version_parents API some more. This has already changed in this release cycle.

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Tue Nov 27 22:47:21 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 17:32 -0500, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> John Arbash Meinel has voted approve.
> Status is now: Approved
> Comment:
> I don't see anything about VersionedFileChecker's api being rather
> different in 1.0rc1 versus 0.92. The values used to be passed into
> VFC.__init__() and then were changed to VFC.check_*, and now changed to
> be interpreted from the weave object.
>
> I'm okay with that, but it does seem like a change from specifying a
> subset to specifying everything. And I would at least like to see a
> comment in NEWS that VFC has been changed since 0.92.

I'd like to just mark it as non-public, and note that in NEWS then.

I think that there is a mis-meme that has arisen somewhere about
public/privacy of methods. And its because we don't have enough
granularity.

How do we express 'public to bzrlib only' ???

the versioned_file_checker is:
 - only relevant to a particular repo format
 - internal to check and reconcile, which *are dependent on a repository
factory*.

So there is no publicity in this class and method at all, name
notwithstanding.

-Rob