Quick question - selective file release management

Gavin Jackson gavinj at gavinj.net
Tue Nov 27 01:33:13 GMT 2007

Thanks Martin,

That makes sense, I could possibly write a script to automate this action.

I was also thinking of this possible solution:

  1. create a new branch to store the files I don't want to release.

  2. work on the shared files in the main branch (and merge from within the
private branch to maintain consistency).

  3. only publish prod from the main branch (which does not have the files
added to the private branch).

What would be nice is some kind of global list of files that are placed
under version control, but are never released during a checkout or branch
(although, I guess this defeats the purpose of DRCS).

After all this, it might be worth just having two separate repositories ...

Thanks for your speedy reply!

Regards,
Gavin Jackson

Still doesn't seem like an elegant solution.