Quick question - selective file release management

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Tue Nov 27 00:57:03 GMT 2007

On Nov 27, 2007 11:48 AM, Gavin Jackson <gavinj at gavinj.net> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm a new bzr new starter - I have a repository with a number of files under
> development.
>
> I would like to check out this branch to another area (lets call it
> production), however there are several files that I do not wish to check out
> (but would still like to retain under version control).
>
> Is it possible to produce a selective release of a repository?
>
> Can I selectively tag files for a release (or remove files from a tagged
> release?).

Hi Gavin,

Tags and revisions in Bazaar always apply to the whole tree atomically.

If you want to deploy a mixed state of the tree, one thing you could
do is this: make a branch from the revision closest to what you want
to deploy.  Then do a 'revert -r' or overwrite the files that you want
to hold at a different revision.  Commit this, and deploy that
version, and you'll have a record of what was deployed.

Hope that helps.

--
Martin