[MERGE] Support logging single merge revisions with short and line log formatters.

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Sun Nov 25 19:24:52 GMT 2007

Alexander Belchenko has voted comment.
Status is now: Semi-approved
Comment:
Our usual import practice at global level is not importing variables and
functions from module, but instead import module and use dotted access.
At least John all the time said it's important for lazy_import.

So I think
from bzrlib import user_encoding
is a bit contradicts this.

Also I want to note that this code is incorrect. It was incorrect before
and still incorrect now:

     if to_file is None:
         to_file = codecs.getwriter(user_encoding)(sys.stdout,
                                                   errors='replace')

You should not use user_encoding unconditionally because help for
show_changed_revisions() says:

:param to_file: A file to write the results to. If None, stdout will be
used

If we want to create wrapper around stdout we should use
osutils.get_terminal_encoding(). Probably this place require
corresponding tests, but I don't want to force you write one.

I'm not sure about my vote: tweak or resubmit. So I vote comment for
now.

For details, see:
http://bundlebuggy.aaronbentley.com/request/%3C474199E4.9030902%40gmail.com%3E