Reasons for selecting Bazaar over other tools

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Fri Nov 23 23:17:45 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-20 at 19:37 +0100, Nicholas Allen wrote:
> Review board is really nice in many ways but it has a few strange
> interface glitches (but it's only a beta). It's really great how you
> can comment on lines of code and see the diff in the web browser.
>
> Something like this for Bazaar would be really great. Especially if it
> incorporated the PQM functionality as well and was fully integrated
> into Bazaar so you could do a "bzr send" to send a merge directive to
> it and developers could comment on it and decide when it is ready to
> be merged into its target branch. Once it gets approval it would then
> try to merge it and report back to the author if it is successful or not.
>
> If it had really tight integration with Bazaar that would be amazing.
> Review board only works with patch files and has limited integration
> with any version control system...
The web site claims support for CVS and Subversion, with support for git
and bzr being worked on by contributors. I haven't tried it myself
though.

I think it's pretty hard to define a generic interface with the same
level of integration with the vcs that bundlebuggy has but applies to
multiple vcs.

Since it's written in Python, it may be possible to integrate it with
bundlebuggy so bundlebuggy gains their comment-per-line support, etc.

Cheers,

Jelmer