[MERGE] Refactor diffing

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Fri Nov 23 20:34:32 GMT 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-23 at 14:43 -0500, Aaron Bentley wrote:

> Aaron Bentley wrote:
> > Robert Collins wrote:
> >
> >> I think its a solid improvement as-is. Lets get it in.
> >
> > Looks like I just missed the cutoff...
>
> Okay, actually this is marked as a high-priority bug, so maybe it should
> go into 1.0:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/149254
>
> What do you guys think?

Martin's the RM, so it's his call. My thoughts are:
 - is it faster (that is, on (say) bzr.dev, what is the time to do a
diff with just a couple of text files changes, with and without the
patch. Thats the sort of scenario that that bug refers to.
 - I think the code is good quality and relatively low risk of
regressions. I'd certainly be happy to see it land now.

-Rob