tree-less merges

Michael Hudson michael.hudson at canonical.com
Fri Nov 23 15:39:19 GMT 2007

Aaron Bentley wrote:

> Michael Hudson wrote:
>> If you could look it over and tell me whether it appears sane, I
>> can probably make good progress from here by myself.
>
> How's it coming?

I've mostly been distracted by other things, truth be told.

I had a quick go at hacking merge.py around to use a TransformPreview
to see if this would be a good way of finding what to implement next,
but it doesn't seem like it is yet.

> I had an additional thought, which is that while TransformPreview must
> not implement apply,

Yes, that makes sense.  Hacking up Merger a bit is going to be
required at some stage, it seems.

> TreeTransformBase could implement get_preview_tree,
> so that both TreeTransform and TransformPreview would use that
> implementation.

That also makes sense, I think... I'm not sure what
TreeTransform.get_preview_tree would be useful for, besides testing
though.  Am I missing something?

Cheers,
mwh