UI confusion / consistency

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Fri Nov 23 11:31:31 GMT 2007

Nicholas Allen пишет:
> Alexander Belchenko wrote:
>> Barry Warsaw ?8H5B:
>> branch as a
>>> Why can't you just give the filesystem path to the root as an
>>> argument if it's not cwd?
>> I'd like to have some global option instead.
> Yes that would be a great idea. If it were an option you could even
> configure it via aliases on a per command basis. Or it could simply be
> an option in bazaar.conf that decides if . is default or root when no
> file name specified to commands that operate on files.

Yeah, that's exactly what I have in mind.
We had similar situation in the past when functionality of rm
command was changed. Now anyone who care could create alias
with either --keep or --force flag and get the behavior he
wants.

Bazaar has one important [killer] feature: aliases.
Let's use it when there is more than one right way.
And of course defaults matters too. So question
about default behavior CWD/tree root is still open.